A clearly defined feeding care plan is an important part of successfully managing a pediatric feeding disorder . It is an essential part of communicating, and implementing safe and successful strategies across multiple care settings, e.g. grandparents, daycare and school. A feeding care plan is also a useful means for documenting interventions that may also require extra caution and attention, e.g. related to aspiration risk, allergies.
A care plan is a living document that every client / family should have a copy of and is intended to be updated at key points when the plan of care changes. It's best used together with the Collaborative Goal Wheel .
Oral Feeding Care Plan
- Oral Feeding Care Plan presentation (7 min)
- Oral Feeding Care Plan - example
- To accompany the Care Plan: Collaborative Goal Wheel - example 2 Elsie
- Feeding Care Plan in the Clinical Practice Guide
Enteral Feeding Care Plan
- Tube Feeding Care Plan - fillable
Home Blended Food for Tube Feeding - Emergency Care Plan fillable
Note this is part of a Home Blended Food for Tube Feeding Handbook