A clearly defined feeding care plan is an important part of successfully managing a pediatric feeding disorder. It is an essential part of communicating, and implementing safe and successful strategies across multiple care settings, e.g. grandparents, daycare and school. A feeding care plan is also a useful means for documenting interventions that may also require extra caution and attention, e.g. related to aspiration risk, allergies.
You can expect your healthcare team to work with you to develop a feeding care plan for your child. A care plan is a living document that every client / family should have a copy of and is intended to be updated at key points when the plan of care changes. It's best used together with the Collaborative Goal Wheel .
Oral Feeding Care Plan
- Oral Feeding Care Plan presentation (7 min)
- Oral Feeding Care Plan - example
- To accompany the Care Plan: Collaborative Goal Wheel - example 2 Elsie
- Feeding Care Plan in the Clinical Practice Guide
Enteral Feeding Care Plan
- Tube Feeding Care Plan - fillable
Home Blended Food for Tube Feeding - Emergency Care Plan fillable
Note this is part of a Home Blended Food for Tube Feeding Handbook