Call for Expressions of Interest | Closed
Thank you to everyone who submitted an Expression of Interest! We will announce who the new PEAS Community of Practice Facilitator Team members are on the CoP SharePoint Site by April 11!
Pediatric Eating And Swallowing (PEAS) is a quality improvement initiative to standardize services and improve care for children with pediatric feeding disorder in Alberta. As many of you know, AHS has invested time and resources to PEAS and the project is in final stages and wrapping up in June. PEAS will move over to operations to provide ongoing support for children and families with pediatric feeding disorder through Community of Practice (CoP) leadership and maintenance of the PEAS clinical pathway resources.
Expression of Interest to facilitate the PEAS Community of Practice
We encourage individuals who have eating, feeding, and/or swallowing (EFS) practice experience, and a desire to ensure continuous improvement, person-centered collaborative practice, and the opportunity to further develop leadership skills to submit an expression of interest to facilitate the PEAS CoP.
Particulars for individuals expressing interest in the AHS PEAS Community of Practice Facilitators roles:
- PEAS will appoint a representative from each discipline to form a PEAS CoP Facilitators Committee (eg: Speech-Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse, Physician, Lactation Consultant, Psychologist, Psychiatrist)
- Rotate hosting a 1-1.5 hour CoP 4 times a calendar year (estimated months of April, June, October, January)
- Meet 4-6 times per year to plan meeting topics, discuss SharePoint, plan for education session(s), and CoP facilitation strategies
- Support the PEAS CoP for a 1 year term with the option to renew
- Lead, maintain, and monitor the online CoP SharePoint, and coordinate any additional provincial education workshop(s) such as PracticeWise or inviting a speaker (approximately 1/year) with support from AHS Allied Health Professional Practice and Education
- Collaborate to report to the PEAS Leadership Team
Reach out to your AHS manager about your interest. If your manager can support your time to facilitate the PEAS CoP, please contact PEAS.Project@ahs.ca to indicate your formal Expression of Interest (PEAS CoP Facilitator Expression of Interest - email subject line). Please include a brief paragraph (3-5 sentences) outlining your interest and qualifications by Mar 24, 2023.
PEAS will review EOIs and announce the new Facilitators by April 11, 2023.